Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Plan

Going back to a system that has always worked for me. Full body, three times per week. Everyday has a squat, a press, and a pull. Every workout is very complete and the workouts mimic the conditions of a powerlifting meet. One of the downfalls of a split training plan is that it doesn't always teach your body to press and especially deadlift under fatigue. Hitting a PR squat in a meet is alot of fun, but it takes alot out of you and if you aren't prepared, the stress imposed on your body from the heavy squat, could have negative carryover to your bench and deadlift.

Here is the plan for the next six weeks:

Monday-
Squat 5 x 5
Bench 5 x 5
Powerclean 5 x 3
Pull Ups 3 x Failure

Wednesday-
Squat 5 x 5 (light)
Press 5 x 5
Deadlift 1 x 5

Friday-
Squat 5 x 5 (same as Monday or slightly reduced poundage)
Incline 5 x 5
Powerclean 5 x 3
Pull Ups 3 x F

I will starting off very light and moving through my sets very fast in order to get myself in shape for the heavier weeks to come. I will run this program for about 6 weeks and then slash volume and frequency and try to hit some PR triples, doubles, and maybe singles for each of the lifts.

Powercleans are something i have always neglected so I am looking to linearly progress them on this program. My deadlift sucks and I am hoping the addition of twice weekly powercleans will spur some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment